A note from Patrick Austin, Director of Digital Media for Cumulus
Over the last 5 years, 630WPRO.COM has grown into an award winning portal for local and national news, opinion and breaking coverage of major events.
Our team has won the award for "Best News Website" three of the last four years from the Associated Press, while serving hundreds of thousands of monthly visitors.
It is our intention to continue the incredible growth and momentum our site has had over the last few years.
You may notice our site looks a bit different today.
We are pleased to announce the launch of a new 630WPRO.COM in partnership with our technology partner, Triton Digital Media.
Here is what you can look forward to with our new site:
• Streamlined interface with news content viewable on all devices
• Easier navigation and better usability
• More options for connecting with us: video, audio and social
• Less clutter, more content
Some of the most exciting features you should see now:
• Improved quality of our site StudioView player
• Complete integration with the iHeartRadio online radio service
• Tagged story organization and cleaner delivery of news content
• All in one PODCast page for quick listening of show highlights
• Improved personality pages
What is on the way:
• Facebook integration for streamlined story commenting and sharing
• Improved related stories within daily news
• Increased Arts & Entertainment coverage
• More points of access including e-mail, text and Op. Ed. opportunities
I encourage you to give feedback.
Our team of digital contributors, producers, news staff and personalities work tirelessly to provide the excellent quality of programming on our website just as WPRO does on-air.
Please contact me directly with any likes, dislikes or wants that you feel would make our website a better place for our visitors and the community.
There are plenty of incredible features and updates coming in 2013. I’d love for you check back daily as we ramp up the new site this month.
Thank you for visiting 630WPRO.COM,
PS: You can follow WPRO on Facebook & Twitter too.